Minutes of the Annual Meeting
Clarendon Alliance, Inc., Annual Meeting
Held at Whitlows on Wilson
2854 Wilson Blvd
Arlington, VA 22201
April 17, 2017
- After determining that a quorum was present in all voting classes, the Annual Meeting of Clarendon Alliance, Inc., was called to order at 6:35 pm.
- Executive Director Matt Hussmann welcomed the assembled members and guests, thanked Whitlow’s for their service. He noted that the CA only had vacancies in the Property Owner Class, and noted that ballots had been circulated to eligible voters, and requested that voters cast their ballots prior to the presentation by the Keynote Speaker, Victor Hoskins. Hussmann then introduced Clarendon Alliance Board President Paul LeValley.
- LeValley thanked the members and guests, and introduced the Board candidates, Jon Kinney and John Dalton. Mr. LeValley announced upcoming CA activities including the Arlington Art Festival and the Bark in the Park event. He noted that changes that Clarendon has undergone in recent years, as well as the expanded number of events and activities that the CA has undertaken. He expressed optimism for the future of Clarendon and the CA.
- Matt Hussmann then introduced Victor Hoskins, Director of Arlington Economic Development. Hoskins discussed new initiatives and successes within the department, and in particular discussed the recent decision by Nestle to move their US headquarters to Rosslyn, bringing with it 750 new jobs. Following his remarks, Mr. Hoskins took questions from the assembled members and guests.
- Following Mr. Hoskins remarks, Matt Hussmann announced that Jon Kinney had been re-elected, and John Dalton had been elected to the CA Board.
- The meeting was adjourned at 7:45.
Matt Hussmann, Executive Director
Bill Gearhart, Secretary