Arlington Economic Development (AED) is dedicated to the preservation and enhancement of an economically competitive and sustainable community by providing aggressive leadership and superior services to Arlington’s business community, its tourism industry and its real estate development. AED is located in Ballston at 1100 North Glebe Road, Suite 1500.
Under the leadership of Director Terry Holzheimer and the Economic Development Commission, AED is structured into four working groups: Cultural Affairs, Convention & Visitors Service, Business Investment Group, and Real Estate Development Group.
AED organizes conferences and events, publishes documents which provide important information about the County, and its sub-markets, including Clarendon. These include development news, economic indicators, presentations, publications and white papers. Currently, AED is focused on eight major initiatives:
- Think Arlington — Arlington has grown, in a large part, because of its creative and educated workforce. Learn more about the Think Arlington campaign.
- Retail Policies — Arlington fosters a successful, fun and sustainable retail environment. Learn more about our retail policy here.
- Child Care — Child care is a key factor in a location decision for many companies. Read the study that was conducted to help establish policy recommenations on this topic.
- Law Firms — Find out why AED recommends Virginia make some modifications to current requirements for Washington, D.C. law firms who wish to move to Virginia.
- Economic Sustainability — Arlington Economic Development and the Economic Development Commission have launched a number of initiatives under the broad general topic of sustainability and more recently economic sustainability. Follow the progression of this initiative here.
- Green Building — Find out more about Arlington County’s Green Building Incentive Program.
- Ballston Science & Technology Alliance — Established to serve those engaged in and interested in science and technology, the Ballston Science and Technology Alliance (BSTA) works to engage the general public in a dialogue about contemporary science and technology