The 18th Annual Clarendon Day Street Festival is everything a street fair should be. Last year, well over 30,000 people attended Clarendon Day! We’ve got more than 5,000 followers on Twitter! When we say this is a great event, we’re not kidding. See for yourself!
If you are new to Clarendon, here’s how it works: In the morning, runners of all ages can participate in the Pacer’s 10k/5k/Kids Dash. By the time the runners make it back up the hill, Clarendon Day has started. Dive right in.
- You can listen to great bands and performance groups all day, on our FIVE music stages–(now with seating!)
- You can eat great food from a wide range of Clarendon restaurants (plus some specialty outfits that do festival food perfectly–you know what we’re talking about).
- You can stroll through the International Chili Cookoff Tournament grounds and learn from the masters, and even have a taste of their “homestyle” chile. (The competition chili is reserved for the judges). The Clarendon winners qualify for the National Championship!
- You can stroll through our Arts and Crafts promenade and find a range of one-of-a-kind items, and meet the people who create them.
- You can entertain your youngsters in our Kid’s Zone, with rides, music, story-telling, face-painting, and all the other things that kids like.
- You can meet a wide range of Clarendon businesses and nonprofits
- And you can enjoy the day and stroll the event site with a wide range of craft beers and wines.
- Dogs are welcome.
Clarendon Day 2015 will run from 11am – 6pm on Saturday, September 26, and you’d be missing something if you didn’t come by, or sign up to participate.